Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Stand Firm

“It is by faith you stand firm.” 2 Corinthians 1:24

In talking about Faithbooking, getting my stories into albums or scrapbooks, or into print as I’m doing here, we are talking about sharing our faith, our belief in God that has caused us to overcome the obstacles in our way, passing on to future generations the journey we have taken, our walk with the Lord. This is the most important thing we can do while we are still here.

I know I am always speaking about my Grandma Dean and how she instilled the first foundation of faith in me, but will my children and grandchildren see that in me when I’m no longer with them? Now that my Mom is gone, I remember and see things I passed by when she was alive. So, yes, the way we live our lives while on earth will have a great impact on our families, both the good and the bad. Sometimes that scares me. I’ve done more bad than I care to expound on here. It’s not going to give any glory to God, and that’s my prime motive for writing.

But what about the stories, the backbone of why you’re the way you are, the qualities you inherited growing up, the people who inspired you, have you communicated these to your children? And what about their children and theirs after them, will they pass down this vital information? With me, my stories of my Grandma and others in my life will most likely die with me, because right now they are not so important to my children or grandchildren. Someday they may be. They might make a big difference when it’s needed the most. That’s what I’m aiming for.

When were the times I’ve stood firm in my faith? They might not come easily to memory at first. After you’ve started the writing process, though, you see them all around you. Which is another thing faith storytelling does, it motivates and guides you along the paths you take every day. It’s always in your heart and mind.

Women's Memoirs

Women's Memoirs
Women's Memoirs