Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Great Book for Writers!

Recently received a book from my online swap site -- Paperback Swap.com. And by the way, if you read as much as I do, you need to check this site out. And it's not just paperbacks either. Some of the books I've received are alomost new hardbacks.

Anyway, it's Writing for Story by Jon Franklin. I do believe this is the best book on writing I've read so far. I'm going to do a google later and see what I can turn up on him other than this awesome book.

Working on website -- bettyannschmidt.com, but not fully set up yet, so don't hope for much. I wanted bettyschmidt.com, but already taken. Need to check and see what the other Betty Schmidt does on the web.

I've been working on the book, and that's why I'm also setting up the new website, and still researching the Germans in Cincinnati. Trying to tie it all up, but genealogy isn't so tidy. Wrote first part of "Clara," which is to be an article, hopefully, for magazine publication plus an excerpt from the Life Message book.

Once I started writing, Clara (my paternal grandmother) really came to life. She has a story, and I'm glad to be telling it.

Women's Memoirs

Women's Memoirs
Women's Memoirs