Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fall Scrapbook Retreat!


This is my 8x8 album page for the Fall ScrapShare Retreat in Alabama. Everybody makes a page, and we all get an album of the group. I look often at my Spring Retreat Album and remembering all the fun and the great new friends I made. I miss everyone and counting down the days until October 16!
We all make a gift for the goodie bags, and some are really, really creative. I'm working on mine this week and have come across some outrageously awesome projects online. See my next post for a list of the best!
By the way the picture of the sunset over the water is Anna Maria Island, Florida. We visited my sister in July, and she lives about an hour or so away from this beautiful beach. I'd never heard of it before. Oddly enough, the last book I reviewed for my Bella site, All Over But the Shoutin', Ray Bragg, the author, makes mention of Anna Maria Island. He thought it was as good as we did.
The big attraction, of course, is the sunset. Located on the west side of the gulf, it's a nightly event. Perhaps not as big as Key West, but glorious for sure.
We ate at the Waterfront Restaurant right on the beach. The Oyster Po Boys are too good!
There is also a free trolley that travels the island. You can grab your gear and hop from one beach to another, or even into town to the library or shopping.
I call it Paradise!


Women's Memoirs

Women's Memoirs
Women's Memoirs