Friday, March 12, 2010

Great Friday Finish & Finds

Fridays are good for finishing stuff, getting ready for the weekend.  I wish I could say I cleaned the house today.  No, I didn't. 

I finished a layout.


This is a page for my "Me" album, about my semi-annual scrap retreat.  I think I'm going to switch the handwritten journal block for a printed one.  DH took the printer away from my laptop and into his office.  I'll print later. 


Had several awesome finds this week to share.  And the odd thing, they work together.

  1. The "Blogging for Scrapbookers" class was the first resource.  You can click on the link on the right.  The class is $15 and well worth it.  How about putting some of your layouts on a blog.  Blogger, where you're at right now, is FREE.  If you've been here before, visiting my blog, you'll notice I've got a new look today.  That's because I found a FREE Blogger template on the web.  It was easy to do.
  2. The second was "Picture My Memories."  You can click that link on the right as well.  This site advises setting up a blog for your memories.  Then you can declutter your house...or your computer hard drive.  In addition, you'll be saving the memories in a way that will be easy to share.  For example, I plan to email my cousins from Cincinnati with the link to this blog, so they can see their photo and their mom's on the web as well as the journaling on the layout.  Cool, eh?
Weekend Reading ~~ Last year I read Rick Bragg's All over but the Shoutin' and was impressed. I love his writing. Down to earth but his scenes can carry you away to where you find yourself there. He transports you to the time and place he's writing about. I picked up Ava's Man this week, written about his maternal grandfather. I love real stories!  

Also reviewing Stacy Julian's Photo Freedom, which I had Archiver's ship to me.  This one and The Big Picture... Scrapbook Your Life and a Whole Lot More have become my favorite scrapbook books.  I have not read the first one, Simple Scrapbooks, but lately I've read so much about it, I'll be ordering it, probably this weekend.  Something else I love--Amazon.com! 

Just a final blurb here that you can find some FREE sketches on http://scrapbooking.about.com/.  I've been printing (when I can get the shared printer away from DH), hole punch and place in a 3-ring binder along with layouts I find so beautiful that I have to "lift." 

Tomorrow I clean my house, maybe.

Women's Memoirs

Women's Memoirs
Women's Memoirs