Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Stumbled onto this site from a fellow writer in my Story Circle Network group.  The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Awesome.

I think I'm a simple woman, so I'm joining. 

FOR TODAY



Outside my window...the wind is fierce and the autumn leaves are raining down.  We're under tornado warnings, and our lawn chairs have been thrown about.

I am thinking...about writing.

I am thankful for...my loving and supportive husband and everyone in my exteded family.

From the kitchen...we have leftover turkey from the freezer for a casserole and half of a raisin pie we can have for dessert with the homemade vanilla ice cream my husband made last weekend.

I am wearing...pajama bottoms and my Skyline Scrapbook brown and pink tee-shirt.

I am creating...a small black knitted purse--I call it "The Little Black Bag," and it's a Christmas gift for one of my granddaughters.

I am going...nowhere today.  Tomorrow is errand day.  I only want to go to town one day a week.

I am reading...Mason-Dixon Knitting and Writing and Being: Embracing Your Life Through Creative Journling.

I am hoping...tornados don't hit any of the schools, especially my son's and granddaughter's.

I am hearing...the continuing weather updates on the TV and the wind shaking our 100-year-old trees.

Around the house...the dogs are huddled close to my legs--they are afraid of storms.  Husband is down the road at our other house--doing repairs in anticipation of renting it.  He took the weather radio with him so he can be alerted.  I wish he was here.

One of my favorite things...is not having urgent "stuff" to do, hanging around my home with dinner in the crockpot or oven and being able to do whatever I want, creating whatever I want.

A few plans for the rest of the week: 
  1. Grocery tomorrow and cooking for The Master's Table (our homeless mission and soup kitchen).
  2. Friends of the Library mailing about next meeting.
  3. Write part 2 of article for Women's Memoirs.com.
  4. Call attorney about Power of Attorney for special needs son.
  5. Make appointment for colonoscopy : (  ugh.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing..   My thoughts are traveling to the Holidays.  This is a page from last year's Holiday Journal. 



















Click  Simple Woman's Daybook if you want to keep your own daybook.


Women's Memoirs

Women's Memoirs
Women's Memoirs