Thursday, February 17, 2011

The ScrapMoir Ebook

Scrapbooking + Memoir = ScrapMoir

First look at my Scrapbook Memoir -- or ScrapMoir -- came yeserday, and Wow!  I am thrilled to see its final form.  Women's Memoirs talented Matilda Butler and Kendra Bonnet have done such a great job on this project. 

It should be ready in a few days and, as I mentioned previously, you will be able to get it free -- so stay tuned for more details in the days to come.

                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm also diligently working on the Over-the-Rhine Memoir and plan to have that finished by the first of May.  This book has been long in the works and was the first book I ever thought of writing.  It's had a few shelf vacations over the past three years, but it's never been out of my head.  It will be a true day of celebration and thanksgiving when this is finally finished. 

I love research and there's a lot of that in this project.  The past few weeks have been devoted to studying Ward Maps from 1800s Cincinnati to discover where my ancestors lived throughout their lives--up until I was old enough to know where my family lived. 

Photos of course are an elemental part of this book as well.  After all, how can I write a how-to book and not practice what I preach?  And there'll be a few scrapbook layouts too, the ones I've done that tell some of the old stories. 

This is a family memoir and doesn't include my entire life.  It's the story of my family, narrated by me, as seen through my eyes, and includes my personal feelings and experiences. 

The fact that "Over the Rhine" is now a pretty famous historic place makes the story easier to write.   "It is believed to be the largest, most intact urban historic district in the United States. " I took that description from the Over-the-Rhine Facebook page which gives lots of additional info and outstanding photos.

I'd say I'm keeping pretty busy here with my writing life, and it feels good.

Women's Memoirs

Women's Memoirs
Women's Memoirs