Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wanderings Wednesday

In the mood today to just wander around the online neighborhood, dropping in on some of my favorite sites.  I usually do this when I'm tired and not up to doing anything too hard.  Window Shopping!

Actually, first good thing this morning came in my email, a note from Jill Evans, a scrapbook and craft designer, and founder of Jill Evans Design International Ltd., who I guess thought I was still writing for Bella Online, and asked that I review the nifty mobile scanner, Flip-Pal. 

She said this product received the 2010 CHA Innovation Award.  I checked it out of course, and agree this is a great tool for scrapbookers and people like me who scan a lot of vintage family photos.  I haven't tried it out yet but I plan on doing just that in the near future.  I'll let everyone know how it works for me.  You can check it out for yourself by going to  http://www.flip-pal.com/.  And I believe you'll land on a Facebook link as well on their site.






Then I ambled over to Scrapscene.com where I saw an ad for Scrapping Spring, an eBook with a beautiful cover.  You can see the projects included in the ebook on the site I've provided.  I was inspired by the Flying Birds mobile especially and the Vintage Jewelry Flowers, so I went ahead and downloaded the book.  I will mention that I am not an affilliate for this site and have no monetary interest involved.  I just thought others would like to have a look at it.  It's $14.99, and I'm reall happy with the download. 

I also was influenced by Debbie Hodge's review of the book, as she is one of my favorite, very talented scrap ladies.

Next, I wanted to search for some Family History Scrapbooking products to go with my current work-in-progress, my family memoir book, and was surprised to see that K&Company had joined up with Ancestry.com to sponsor a cool Ancestry Collection. 

 In this collection, there's also an old string-tied, leather-look Scrapbook! 
I'm sure the old-look scrapbook album by K&Company is photosafe and archival quality, like their other products.  Thinking this would be a great gift.
From antique-looking metal frames and dies to beautiful paper and charts, this is an awesome kit to scrap your family history. 



For the book I'm writing, I'm using digital scrap layouts, but I still like to use the physical paper and embellishments for my family albums, now that I've acquired quite a collection of vintage pictures from my cousin. 


One of my favorite digi stores is Cottage Arts, because I like the grunge - shabby chic look for the vintage products. 

This layout of my Grandma was created with Cottage Arts' Vintage Blues Page Pack.




Finally, but not insignificant, is the word on Amazon of a new Kindle with Special Offers for a reduced price of $114.  The Special Offers are sponsored ads and screensavers. In other words, sponsors are helping pay the Kindle price for you.

Amazon is now taking pre-orders for the special Kindle coming in May.

If you've been waiting to get your Kindle, now might be the time.

 

Women's Memoirs

Women's Memoirs
Women's Memoirs