Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sprapbook Dreams: Weddings

Granddughter Vickie

Storybook Wedding Albums

I love the above photo so much.  It may just be my favorite, though there are so many others to choose from.  I haven't even gotten to adding the groom yet.  I'm working on the pre-wedding photos.  You know, creating the big build-up.

And using Vickie's colors.  Black, White, Red.  Awesome to work with.  Trying to keep to her style, her theme.  A simple elegance and beauty.

The layouts here are from the digital version.  I'm doing both.  The paper album and the digi. 

I look forward to weddings, because they're a scrapbooker's dream.  You can go overboard and create a Storybook Wedding Album actually. 

That's what I'll call the paper album for Vickie, which contains the stories about how they met, the years of being together before they married--yes, including the breakups.  The shopping trips leading up to the wedding.  The old, new, borrowed, and blue.

In Vickie's case, there's another story that played out alongside her wedding.  Her paternal Grandfather, my son-in-law's Dad, was dying of cancer.  It was tough on my granddaughter, as well as the entire family. 

Time and time again, it looked like he was at the end, only for him to snap back to life.  He was hanging on.

He wanted to see his sweet granddaughter on her wedding day. 

Indeed, only one week following the wedding, he passed on.  It was a bittersweet time for all.  A few times Vickie wondered if she had the right to start a new life while her "Pops" was so sick.  But she wanted him there when she got married.  This was important to her.  So she went ahead with the wedding, and Pops was there.  Barely.  But he made it. 

It was meant to be.  One part of my granddaughter's life ended, and another part began.  A New Story is now being written.

And I am having a good time playing with these precious photos and my scrapbook products.  Life doesn't get any better for a scrapbook addict.

Women's Memoirs

Women's Memoirs
Women's Memoirs